Minelab Forums
October 01, 2014, 11:21:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: E-Trac Emulator Highly recommend using this.  (Read 12393 times)
Arkennon
Administrator

Minelab E-Trac

« on: February 14, 2011, 02:00:45 PM »

The E-Trac emulator is a program that runs exactly like the E-Trac does. It is amazingly simple and easy to install and use and it will give you the feel, the FE/CO numbers, and sounds of how the E-Trac sees targets.

First you will need to download the emulator here.

Once it is downloaded just install it like any other program. It comes with French coins already loaded. Now, it is VERY easy to add American coins, gold jewelery and silver jewelery to the target list. I will tell you how to step by step here, it really is simplicity personified.

All you do is click to download the target package you want, for instance for American coins you would click on Larry P's Incredible 61 target US coins . This will download to your downloads file or wherever you have your downloads go. Open where it is downloaded but do not unzip the file. In a separate window go to your C:\Program Files\EtracEm-V1-en\datazips and then just drag the "61_US_coins.zip" file into the C:\Program Files\EtracEm-V1-en\datazips file. Now your E-Trac emulator has US coins added to it.

How to use the emulator.

Just start the emulator by double clicking the short cut it put on your desktop when you installed it. At the top of the emulator once started you will see a Files tab, click on that tab and go to Targets Zip Files and load whatever targets you want, for example US coins. Then, just like a real E-Trac you will have to click the power button in the top left. At this point this is what you should be looking at.

At the bottom it will show a picture of the target, and in that space your mouse pointer becomes the coil, so just sweep the coil (mouse pointer) across the target and it will show and sound just like you were sweeping the E-Trac over that target in the real world. To change targets you would just click the previous or next target buttons. This emulator is amazingly accurate and a great learning tool for the E-Trac. Here are some other targets you might want to familiarize yourself with. They are applied the same way as the US coins targets I explained earlier.

Gold Jewelry

Silver Jewelry

I highly recommend anyone thinking of buying an E-Trac, or trying to learn their E-Trac better to play with this Emulator. It is an amazing tool.

E-TRAC Em is a simulation tool developed by Minelab enthusiast Max Derouen and provides insight into the functionality of Minelabs E-TRAC metal detector.

cmbtvet

Sovereign GT & Etrac

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 06:10:45 AM »

I down loaded this over the weekend on my desktop, put it on a flash drive and plugged into my laptop. I used it to play with patterns and was going to load it on my Etrac at the beach. Once I got there, I realized that I was strictly running it from the flash drive and forgot to actually copy it to my laptop. I also realized that I left the flash drive sitting on my table at home lol. All was good though, the default beach mode seemed to work out pretty good.

Etrac and Sovereign GT
buckeyehunter
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 08:32:09 AM »

It is very cool and I highly recommend it to someone just starting out with an E-trac
Metal Illness

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 08:53:53 AM »

Thank you!!!!  I had previously downloaded the emulator program. I also downloaded a zip file with US coins but I didn't know how to load the zip file onto the emulator program. I'm sure now, this will work and I can finally use the emulator program.   Cool Cool
Arkennon
Administrator

Minelab E-Trac

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 10:29:41 AM »

No problem Metal, if anyone has any questions about it or about installation let me know I will be happy to answer. I have been having a lot of fun with it, getting to know gold signals, I now wonder if I have passed over any lol. Granted a lot of gold looks like trash but if you want gold you have to dig trash  Wink
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 10:31:51 AM by Arkennon » Logged
Dixie Rebel

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 10:56:21 AM »

I downloaded the etrac emulator about a month ago before I bought mine. It helped me to become more familiar with my machine. I still play with mine when I cannot get out when the weather is bad.

I hate pull tabs.
Arkennon
Administrator

Minelab E-Trac

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 02:53:45 PM »

Heh, I posted in hello before I saw what you posted here lol.
Treasurebum

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 09:55:22 PM »

I have yet to download this as I just signed up for the forum, but what an amazing tool this should be.
As mentioned in other threads, I own a Safari, but am "on the fence" about adding an e-trac.
One, because the Safari is such a fantastic machine, and two, because I didn't want to buy an e-trac just to see if I like it or not.
Presently, I don't know anyone who owns one to try, but this tool and input from other forum members will help.
[/size] [/color]

Treasurebum/US ARMY Retired (67/15 Romeo). Presently swinging a Safari on the surface and an Excalibur II in the water. ***The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the cheap price is forgotten***
Bunker

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 09:02:58 PM »

Can you download it to a Mac?
Thanks,
Bunker

Bunker
Etrac/Safari and Pistol Probe

Lost Recovered...History Discovered
drsilver

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 09:04:51 PM »

I have downloaded the us coins zip file, have it in the emulator and it says it's not a valid zip file.  Getting frustrated. 

First time post, thanks.
Arkennon
Administrator

Minelab E-Trac

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 04:31:51 PM »

Hmm, I am still using it just fine, maybe the DL didnt work right for some reason. I will look for another download source for you.
UrbanArchaeology

Treasure The Hunt. And enjoy the rewards!

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 12:27:28 AM »

Anyone know if there is a version for Mac?

Also, I am having trouble loading the ZIP files. I have some access to a PC. But, I don't understand them at all.

The true value of a find is not what others place on it. Monetary or personal. But the value you place on it.
-Ryan
UrbanArchaeology

Treasure The Hunt. And enjoy the rewards!

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 08:29:30 PM »

Hey all. I got my Etrac. But have had horrible weather ever since it got here. So, I have been using the Emulator a bit. But, I dunno how to load the american coin program. Help??

The true value of a find is not what others place on it. Monetary or personal. But the value you place on it.
-Ryan
BobCA

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 08:32:58 PM »

Tried DL the Emulator but it says it's corrupt.  What do you suggest?

BobCA
Arkennon
Administrator

Minelab E-Trac

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 11:00:19 PM »

Not exactly sure what the issue is, I just downloaded it onto a different PC and installed and loaded fine including the US coins pattern. If anyone is still having issues with this let me know so I can try to figure it out.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And CreateAForum.com